[sr-dev] exit vs drop

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Wed Jul 1 16:06:47 CEST 2009

On Jul 01, 2009 at 16:56, Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> wrote:
> Miklos Tirpak writes:
>
>  > I see, so you did it before tm module saw the reply. In fact both
>  > solutions wrap to the same function, t_check(), so you should get the
>  > same result.
>
> fine. so in my config, i don't anymore have a need for 'drop' command.

You still need one in the sl_reply_route. It should contain only drop if
you want to be equivalent to your if (!t_check_trans()) drop; in the
onreply_route. If it doesn't contain a drop or  a return 0, it won't
drop the reply :-)

Note that in this case (top-level-route) drop is equivalent with return
0 (but not in other cases, return exists only from the current route,
while drop or exit immediately stop all script processing even if the
route is not top-level).

Andrei