[SR-Dev] compare uri and aor

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 13:03:53 CET 2009

Hello,

this should be valueable for sip-router.org as well.

I have introduced in siputils module of Kamailio functions to compare
SIP URI and AoR in a more RFC manner, related to:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2047019&group_id=139143&atid=743023

Now, for URI it does comparison of:
- username
- password
- hostname
- port

For AoR, it does:
- username
- hostname
- port (if port is missing, it assumes 5060 -- for URI comparison this
is not used, conform to RFC3261)

The questions are:
- shall the comparison for URI be extended to follow full RFC? could get
complex when taking URI headers in account -- haven't seen many, but the
RFC allow them. Where to stop then the rules for comparing the URI?
- for AoR, I am not sure if port should be considered, but when running
multiple instances on different ports, it may make the difference? What
do you think?

Has SER now dedicated functions to match AoRs and URIs?