[SR-Dev] TLS merge

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Tue Feb 24 14:47:13 CET 2009

On Feb 24, 2009 at 15:10, Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com> wrote:

[...]
> >>Does the ser core (sip router) still needs to be compiled with some TLS
> >>define in order to get the TLS support, or it is implicit and just
> >>

> >No, it's implicit.
>
> great, it was a PITA to recompile everything for TLS. Packaging becomes
> more trivial, as well.
>
> As we are here, other modules that are linked to ssl library are still
> affected by changes in the ssl lib (e.g., memory manager), right? IIRC,
> there were some issues related to the modules linked with curl library...

Yes, there is still a problem with them (e.g. auth_identity from ser).
One of the way to work around it is to link openssl staticaly for all
the modules that require different initialisation.
Another possible way would be to have a common way of ssl initialization
that would have to be used by all the openssl based modules.

Andrei
[...]