[SR-Dev] DB Driver Migration Status

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Thu Feb 19 15:38:55 CET 2009

Here is a short summary of my database driver integration attempt.

The following db driver modules have been merged from both (kamailio and ser),
these modules should work with both projects and they have been merged into
the sip-router master branch:

 * db_berkeley
 * db_flatstore
 * db_mysql
 * db_postgres

I have verified that all the modules above can be compiled in sip-router and
that they can be loaded and used. Two modules, db_flatstore and db_berkeley,
contain support for kamailio MI interface. The interface wouldn't work right
now because I could not export MI functions with the current state of
sip-router module interface. All the functions are there but they won't be
made available to the MI interface.

Then there are some database drivers that I haven' integrated because it does
not make much sense right now:

 * oracle in ser and db_oracle in kamailio, the ser module currently does not
   work
 * dbtext in ser and db_text in kamailio, the ser module currently does not
   work

And finally db_unixodbc module in kamailio does not have an equivalent in ser
so we can keep it where it is right now. I would like to extend the module
with support for libsrdb2 in the future and make it work with sip-router as
well.

  Jan.