[SR-Dev] Kamailio MI in shared modules

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Thu Feb 19 14:35:57 CET 2009

On Feb 19, 2009 at 14:28, Jan Janak <jan at iptel.org> wrote:
> On 19-02 14:24, Jan Janak wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I just figured that the kamailio interface in shared modules (such as
> > db_berkeley and db_flatstore) wouldn't work. Such modules are defined with
> > -DSER_MOD_INTERFACE and thus use the module_exports structure from SER, which
> > does not have the MI structure entry.
> >
> > So although such modules have all the MI commands and they link with libkmi,
> > none of the management functions gets exported through the module API.
> >
> > Is there any solution to this yet?
> >
> >   Jan.
>
> Maybe the modules which contain MI commands should be recompiled with
> -DOPENSER_MOD_INTERFACE with the module interface structures changed to those
> from kamailio because ser module structures are a subset of those from
> kamailio? Any opinions or recommendations?

ser module structures are not a subset of kamailio (e.g. rpc, on_break
a.s..o.).

IMHO in the future we should drop mi completely (rpc does the same
thing, it's less complex and much more easier to use).
The same should go for statistics (they need a complete rewrite, they
are paritculary performance adverse :-)).

Andrei