[sr-dev] git:sr_3.0: modules_k/nathelper: handle_uri_alias() alias handling fix

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Wed Dec 30 16:37:03 CET 2009

Klaus Darilion writes:

 > Note: If you are using add_contact_alias() and handle_ruri_alias() this
 > means that you are routing based on the alias parameter. Thus, make sure
 > that an attacker can not spoof this paramter, e.g. screen the contact
 > header and RURI for existing 'alias' parameters. Especially for initial
 > requests make sure to route only on alias paramters which were added by
 > your system.

klaus,

thanks for your comment and tests.

in the alias usage example that i gave, handle_ruri_alias() is only
called on in-dialog requests.  so i don't see any bigger security issue
if r-uri uri has alias param than if it doesn't.

 > Maybe add_contact_alias() should overwrite existing alias parameters?

my opinion on this is that if someone wants to shoot him/hershelf in the
foot, then be it.

-- juha