[sr-dev] problem with locally generated ACKs

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Mon Dec 21 13:51:18 CET 2009

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul writes:

 > If you change the  negative ack part, then you'll have an ack to 2xx
 > generated the same way as a neg. ack (the route set and the uri might be
 > wrong).

andrei,

this is exactly what i tried to achieve, i.e., if 200 ok is to a locally
generated invite, then ack should be send the same way as negative ack.
from rfc3261:

The ACK (to negative reply) MUST be sent to the same address, port,
and transport to which the original request was sent.

so what i proposed should work IF it is possible to add the test that i
outlined:

> if ((msg_status >= 300) || "invite was generated locally by t_uac function") {

i.e, if ack is to negative reply OR if invite was locally generated,
send the ack the same way.

but for me, of course, any way to get to the same result if fine.

-- juha