[sr-dev] problem with locally generated ACKs

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Fri Dec 18 14:01:38 CET 2009

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul writes:

 > Right now the only way to solve this without code changes is to add
 > another hop (e.g. route the message once through localhost or another
 > proxy and fix the contact there).

andrei,

this used to work fine in k, so i would don't like the idea about
changing the script, especially when the change would not be trivial.

 > With coding changes I see 2 possible workarounds:
 > 1. add a param. for using the local INVITE dst. when generating the ACK
 >  (instead of obeying the rfc) (easy)

where would that param be added?  can't the param be set automatically
when invite is issued by tm.t_uac_wait?

 > 2. add a t_reply_fake_contact() command for changing the contact seen by
 > tm and maybe modifiying fix_nated_contact() to use it.

if t_reply_fake_contact() is implemented, why can't i just call that
function in onreply_route instead of fix_nated_contact()?

-- juha