[sr-dev] AVPs in replies?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 13:36:21 CET 2009

On 12/10/09 1:28 PM, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>   >  in your previous email you referred to backward compatibility and I
>   >  assumed you talk about Kamailio. In kamailio it takes two operations:
>   >  set tm parameter onreply_avp_mode to 1 and arm onreply_route viat
>   >  t_on_reply(). Default for t_on_reply() is not to set in locking mode.
>
> i was referring to compatibility between sr and k when onreply_avp_mode
> = 1.  if i have understood correctly, in sr there is no support for k
> onreply_avp_mode = 0 and thus no compatibility with that mode.

ok. there are actually two things:
1) what avp list is made available in onreply_route
2) how the onreply_route is executed

In K, for 1), by default an empty AVP list is made available for each
reply. If onreply_avp_mode=1, then the transaction avp list is made
available in onreply_route and onreply_route is executed under a lock,
to avoid races between processing many replies at same time.

In sr, as I understood, by default the transaction AVP list is made
available for each reply, but no lock is used when executing the
onreply_route.

* http://www.asipto.com/