[sr-dev] AVPs in replies?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 13:22:32 CET 2009

On 12/10/09 1:17 PM, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>   >  that was a proposal. Maybe others can have different opinions. I need
>   >  this option in several cases, not that often. Note that in K it is by
>   >  default off. So in case you do not have set the tm parameter
>   >  onreply_avp_mode to 1, then it is eqiuvalent of  t_on_reply("1", "0").
>
> in k per transaction onreply avps are off by default.
>
> if i understood correctly, in sr they are always on.  default in sr thus
> needs to be same as if k user turns per transcation onreply avps on,
> which means that locking is on.

in your previous email you referred to backward compatibility and I
assumed you talk about Kamailio. In kamailio it takes two operations:
set tm parameter onreply_avp_mode to 1 and arm onreply_route viat
t_on_reply(). Default for t_on_reply() is not to set in locking mode.

However, for me is ok either ways, the one that implements (if is going
to be this solution) should decide. Furthermore, default mode cand be
dependent of config compatibility mode controlled via #!KAMAILIO or #!SER.

* http://www.asipto.com/