[sr-dev] AVPs in replies?

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Thu Dec 10 12:16:21 CET 2009

On Dec 10, 2009 at 12:57, Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> wrote:
> Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul writes:
>
>  > What I'm afraid is that executing the reply route under lock might
>  > introduce some deadlocks (it is possible that some functions that are now
>  > allowed to be executed from the onreply route would cause problems, I
>  > haven't checked all of them).
>
> what could those be?  i test/set flags/avps/vars and call functions that
> rewrite some parts of the message, like contact uri and sdp.

tm functions or functions that use tm api and try to lock replies (lock
the transaction reply_lock). I don't know of any and I don't think we'll
have any problems, but I haven't checked everything.
All the k modules functions that worked in k with the reply avp mode
will work with sr too so this leaves possible problems only in
modules_s.
Everything you mentioned above won't cause any problems.

>  > The long term solution would be to lock only the avps and only when used,
>  > but it requires lots of changes and testing and I'm not sure it would be
>  > ready/good enough for 3.0.
>
> not for 3.0, which, in my opinion, we should get out before end of this
> year.

Yes, I agree.

Andrei