[sr-dev] [Kamailio-Users] kamailio 3.0 - the time before freezing

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Aug 24 13:14:11 CEST 2009

Please be careful amidst all this to remember that this "integration"
could be the undoing of the Kamailio/SR project, and may drive people to
OpenSIPS.  In the end, it is the users that matter.

The sip-router.org documentation is already excessively complicated and
difficult to understand for anyone who does not routinely work with both
the K and S code.  At this point, the documentation, while voluminous,
is overwhelming and, in places, woefully incomplete, while in other
places, I would say "exhaustively" (perhaps "exhaustingly") complete.

All of this confusion - starting with the fundamental difference between
K and SR, which nobody *I* know in the user community yet understands in
any level of substance or detail - is starting to make OpenSIPS look
very straightforward and self-evident.  You don't want this.

I also encounter the widespread perception from my customers that a lot
of time has been spent on "fun" and "interesting" integration work, not
on developing features or fixing bugs.  I hope they're wrong.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems