[sr-dev] About SIP and TEL uri in SR

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Thu Aug 6 10:51:16 CEST 2009

2009/8/6 Martin Hoffmann <martin.hoffmann at telio.ch>:
> Call me biased, but I do prefer the select stuff:
>
>   @ruri.type -> "tel"
>   @ruri.user -> number
>   @ruri.params -> parameters
>   @ruri.params["phone-context"] -> phone-context parameter
>
> The only thing I always need to look up is whether it is user or
> username. One could probably add a sub-select "number" which is only
> valid if the type is "tel" or if the username part of the URI consists
> of characters valid in a TEL URI.
>
> I know C people like their functions and variables to have cryptical
> names for hyst[eo]rical reasons, but this is so 20th century.

I agree 200%. In fact I really would like that each module exports
functions (and pseudo-variables) into a namespace, example:

  if userloc.lockup("location")

There are ~ 100 modules right now, each one adding functions and
pseudo variables to the config script. When I see "check_to" or
"is_gw" it's really annoying to know which is the parent module of
those functions. Imagine a newbie inspecting for first time the
example config file.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>