[sr-dev] [Kamailio-Users] QjSimple 0.6.3 - sip phone for linux, macosx and windows

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 15:53:03 CEST 2009

Hi Inaki,

On 03.08.2009 15:41 Uhr, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> 2009/8/3 Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com>:
>
>> Thanks to Klaus Darilion, QjSimple 0.6.3 works on most of desktop OS:
>> Linux(es), Windows and Mac OS X.
>>
>> It is a very handy application, especially for developers, but not olny,
>> with simple UI and debugger window. A perfect replacement (for my very old
>> good Linux testing tool) KPhone
>>

> Hi Daniel, can I ask why you were using the old Kphone and not Twinkle
> which implements much more features (and really well)? :)

KP because of very handy interface and options for register/unregister,
a.s.o. When starting it from terminal, it prints the debug and sip
traffic...

It was also easier to compile it when the packages were not available.
Twinkle is pretty complex to compile due to dependencies. Otherwise is
nice piece of software, I do use it, just didn't prove to be handy for
me when testing.

I was starting playing with QjSimple because of portability, compiling
it on darwin os was very simple.

>> since QjSimple has SIMPLE presence support,
>> tls ... more at:
>> http://www.ipcom.at/index.php?id=560/
>>

> Great.

* SIP Router Bootcamp
* Kamailio (OpenSER) and Asterisk Training
* Berlin, Germany, Sep 1-4, 2009
* http://www.asipto.com/index.php/sip-router-bootcamp/