[SR-Dev] git:master: * Modules: presence

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 16:51:55 CEST 2009

Hello,

On 04/23/2009 04:34 PM, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>  > I started two days ago docbook system migrating, there is a wiki page
>  > explaining how to add support to generate the docs for K modules:
>  > http://sip-router.org/wiki/migration/kamailio-module-docbook
>  >
>  > Then some useful commands at:
>  > http://sip-router.org/wiki/tutorials/makefile-system
>
> daniel,
>
> since the Makefile that should be added to each module dir is constant
> except for module name, it looks like an overkill to me that each module
> dir should have one.  why can't the main Makefile generate module dir
> Makefile automatically, when a make command is given that makes the
> module documentation?

I guess the main reason for having a Makefile for docs per each module
is to be able to customize the parameters (different xsl, stylesheet,
etc..). Similar as for Makefile of each module sources. I just analyzed
what was used in SR and converted some of K modules to use it. IMO, it
is more flexible approach atthe expense of having a Makefile there.
Also, it seems possible to be able to generate many documents in doc
directory if you have different docboox xml files -- not the case for K
modules; you can go to doc dir and do make txt|html|xhtml there. Maybe
ser guys can comment more...

http://www.asipto.com/