[SR-Dev] commit & push into master / public branches

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Thu Apr 23 13:57:54 CEST 2009

On Thursday 23 April 2009, Henning Westerholt wrote:
> i've tried your suggestion before commiting:
>
> henning at ca:~/sip-router$ git pull --ff --rebase origin master
> config.h: needs update
> [some other files and dirs..]
> refusing to pull with rebase: your working tree is not up-to-date
>
> Perhaps this only work when i've a complete clean tree?

I've looked earlier in the docs you provided, sorry:

[..]
if when trying the rebase you get something like:
$ git pull --rebase origin master
refusing to pull with rebase: your working tree is not up-to-date

 it means you have some uncomitted local changes. Commit them (git add … &&
git commit) and try again.
[..]

So i aparently need to revert all my (not yet ready) changes in order to make
this work.

Cheers,

Henning