[SR-Dev] commit & push into master / public branches

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Thu Apr 23 10:34:34 CEST 2009

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul writes:

 > When updating your local branch (e.g. master) with the repository
 > version, please always add --rebase to git pull
 > (e.g. git pull --ff --rebase origin master).

andrei,

in svn, when i'm at a directory and do 'svn update', it updates that
directory and its sub-directories.

it is hard for me to remember all those arguments that you suggest in
above.  so i thought that it would be nice if i had a shell script

git_pull

that would do the same thing as what 'svn update' does.  how would that
shell script look like or is it impossible to write one?

a bash alias for 'git pull' would even be better, but i think bash sucks
big time and does not allow aliases with argument.

-- juha