[SR-Dev] Module Documentaiton (was: what to do if function names differ?)

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Tue Apr 21 10:40:15 CEST 2009

On 21-04 11:24, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Jan Janak writes:
>
>  > > perhaps it was not a good idea to try to merge the modules after all if
>  > > also documentation style is different in k and s, because we need to
>  > > have two doc subdirs in all of them (one for k and another for s).
>  >
>  > I don't understand this. In both cases it is xml based docbook. The structure
>  > of a docbook document is given. The fact that there are more files with
>  > boilerplate in modules coming from ser does not make it that much
>  > different.
>
> fine if we can have READMEs autogenerated no matter which docbook files
> doc subdir contains.

Of course, that will be possible. I don't know what were the steps to generate
READMEs in kamailio, in ser modules we added a Makefile in each documentation
directory and you can just type make txt to generate the README or make html
to generat HTML based documentation.

We can either add Makefiles to modules in modules_k or import the kamailio
system. But in any case we will be using the same tools and templates to
generate READMEs.

  Jan.