[SR-Dev] what to do if function names differ?

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Tue Apr 21 10:33:38 CEST 2009

On 21-04 08:36, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Klaus Darilion writes:
>
>  > I prefer README as authoritative source - every feature commit should
>  > also add a feature descrption (e.g. do not write long commit messages
>  > but write the text into the README and then copy paste it into the
>  > commit message)
>
> i agree and also, there should be a common format for readme file source
> files.  if i look at modules/tm, it contains:
>
> jh at taimen:/usr/src/orig/sip-router$ ls modules/tm/doc
> api.xml  functions.xml	Makefile  params.xml  tm.xml
>
> and if i look at a k derived module, it has:
>
> jh at taimen:/usr/src/orig/sip-router$ ls modules/auth_radius/doc
> auth_radius_admin.xml  auth_radius.xml
>
> there is thus need to standardize doc format and have documentation of
> all common modules up to data, before we can even dream to announce this
> project to users.

It does not really matter how many files there are. In both cases it is xml
based docbook that is used to produce a single document.

The only structure difference I can see is that we start our docbook tree with
a <section> element, while kamailio modules start with <book>. This only makes
a difference if you process the sources within a larger collection, i.e. we
wanted to be able to insert module documentation within a larger document and
starting with <section> is more flexible there because you can insert it
anywhere in the documentation tree.

But in most cases the documentation in each module is processed separatetely
and most often it is used to generate README files, and there it does not
matter if the document starts with <section> or <book>.

The fact that ser modules sometimes lack up-to-date documentation is another
issue.

  Jan.