[SR-Dev] what to do if function names differ?

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Mon Apr 20 12:14:51 CEST 2009

On Apr 20, 2009 at 12:59, Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> wrote:
> how should merge be done, when function names differ?  should we support
> both names or choose one?
>
> for example, max_forwards module:
>
> s:
>
> maxfwd_process(max_value)
> maxfwd_at_least(min_value)
>
> k:
>
> mf_process_maxfwd_header(max_value)
> is_maxfwd_lt(max_value)
>
> my vote is to take one that has better documentation.

My vote would be to merge the names (it should be a minimal effort to
copy & paste and then change the name in the module interface).

Our initial goal is to minimize script changes for people upgrading from
kamailio or ser to sip-router. In time we'll obsolete one name.

A special note regarding maxfwd: there seem to be other differences. At
least a quick look at the ser version showed that it supports dynamic
config changes (in this case max_limit can be changed anytime at
runtime, e.g.: sercmd cfg.set_int_now maxfwd.max_limit 5).

Andrei