[SR-Dev] [Serdev] Git Crash Course For sip-router

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Thu Apr 16 17:14:20 CEST 2009

On Thursday 16 April 2009, Jan Janak wrote:
> > No, it's not normal (I've never seen it). You should not see anything in
> > git diff after a git pull, if you haven't made any local changes (you
> > should see only local changes).
> > Same for git status (you should see only local changes or untracked
> > files).
>
> Now I realize that Henning was probably asking something else. Yes, what
> Henning describes can happen if you use --no-commit (which was on by
> default for the master branch in one of my .giconfig files).
>
> In this case git pull performs the merge but does not commit it, so you end
> up with modified files in the branch and you have to run git ci to commit
> them.
>
> I had this option turned on in the first .gitconfig I circulated, because I
> found it useful when I was merging changes from the svn repository into
> kamailio-3.0. In the second .gitconfig file (attached to the crash-course
> email) this option is already commented out.

Hi Jan,

yes, this is it!

git-config -l |grep "no-commit"
branch.master.mergeoptions=--no-commit --no-ff

This is probably related to another problem i've got, after the remote
repository changed and i've tried to push my changes back:

henning at ca:~/projects/openser/sip-router$ git push -v
Pushing to ssh://git.sip-router.org/sip-router
To ssh://git.sip-router.org/sip-router
 ! [rejected]        master -> master (non-fast forward)
error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://git.sip-router.org/sip-router'

Thanks,

Henning