[SR-Dev] [Serdev] Git Crash Course For sip-router

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Thu Apr 16 16:25:22 CEST 2009

On Thursday 16 April 2009, Jan Janak wrote:
> [..]
>   $ git push
> and in that case repository 'origin' is used.
>
> The opposite of 'git push' is 'git pull'. This is the operation that you
> can use to synchronize your local repository with the remote repository.

Hi Jan,

i've one question to the usage of git pull. I've encountered it a few times,
everytime when somebody commited something to the repository, i did a git
pull to update my repo as well. This merged the changes into my repository,
as wanted, no problem here.

But, it also show this changes as new commits, as changed files for example
when i do git status, or git diff, where i clearly did not changed anything.
Perhaps this is just normal, do you've an explanation for this?

Cheers,

Henning