[SR-Dev] git:henning/trie_mods: Merge commit 'origin/henning/trie'

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Fri Nov 28 12:04:38 CET 2008

On Nov 28, 2008 at 11:24, Henning Westerholt <henning.westerholt at 1und1.de> wrote:

[...]
> > For now our email script does not support:
> > - new branch created messages
> > - non fast forward updates of a branch
> > - branch deletion
> > For all of the above a commit message with the current head of the
> > branch will be sent (for the delete it would be the old branch head
> >  and the branch name will have DELETED appended to it).
> > Should I make the script public somewhere? Is anybody interesting in
> > extending it?
>
> Would be cool to have a better detection of the situation i just run into, but
> i fear that i lack the git skills at the moment to do this job.

It's more about perl skills and testing it (e.g. on the test repo).
The script already detects new branches and deleted branches, it just
not sends a different message.

There is only a send_commit_notice() function and we would need
 a send_new_branch_notice()  and a send_del_notice() or more params
  to send_commit_notice().

Andrei