[SR-Dev] commit message subject

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Fri Nov 21 20:16:57 CET 2008

On Nov 21, 2008 at 16:10, Jan Janak <jan at iptel.org> wrote:

[...]

> > BTW: I think I finally found out how to get mail only for the new
> > commits (the --first-parent is an improvement, but with complicated
> > commit trees it sometimes get confused and outputs too many commits):
> >
> > git rev-parse --not --all|  grep -v $new |
> >  git rev-list --stdin $new ^$old
> >
> > I'll try to play with test a little, maybe I can fix the commit new
> > branch part too.
>
>   OK, I agree.

New version installed: it should display commits only once (won't
display commits already in some branch in the repo), it should also
solve the one-commit-for-new-branch problem and you'll also see emails
for deleted branches.
It's a little more verbose (debugging) so don't worry if you see more
text when you are pushing (but send it to me if you see an error
message, or the mails don't show up properly).

Andrei