[SR-Dev] first kamailio module ran on the sip-router core

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 09:56:10 CET 2008

On 11/21/08 02:44, Jan Janak wrote:
> On 21-11 00:59, Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul wrote:
>> On Nov 20, 2008 at 23:44, Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> On 11/20/08 22:36, Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul wrote:
>>>> siputils is the first kamailio module that did succesfully run on
>>>> sip-core.
>>>> I did only 2 small changes:
>>>> - added DEFS+=-DKAMAILIO_MOD_INTERFACE to the Makefile
>>>> - s/MIN/MIN_int 
>>>> There are a few modules that would need a little bit more changes, like
>>>> everything using core send functions (they changed a bit in ser),
>>>> do_action() and build_*, but in all this cases these are minor updates.
>>>> More will be compileable as soon as we unify the fixups, but I think the
>>>> biggest problem right now is the DB interface (from a module point
>>>> of view, we still  haven't unified the config file).
>>> I think both of them can co-exists. I see no other conflicts than naming 
>>> space -- so we need at least renaming of the db directory. Also they can 
>>> be moved as library.
>> I did some quick experimental work: 
>> - copied kamailio db/* to sip-router/lib/sk_dbk
>> - edited the lib/print Makefile: changed name to sk_dbk and
>>  added INCLUDES=-I.. (hack so I don'thave to change all the includes
>>  , like ../str.h to ../../str.h)
>> - modifiedkamailio db_mysql:
>>  - Makefile - added:
>>  SERLIBPATH=../../lib
>>  SER_LIBS=$(SERLIBPATH)/sr_dbk/sr_dbk
>>  - changed all the ../../db/*.h includes to ../../lib/sk_dbk/*.h :
>>   perl -i.bak -pe "s#/db/#/lib/sr_dbk/#" *.[ch]
>>  and then it compiled! It even loads (I haven't tested if it actually
>>  works but probably it does).
>> Next I tried speeddial:
>>  - same Makefile changes as above
>>  - same perl: perl -i.bak -pe "s#/db/#/lib/sr_dbk/#" *.[ch]
>>  - replace act.elem[] with act.val[]
>>  - update do_action() call:
>>    + struct run_act_ctx h;
>>    + init_run_actions_ctx(&h);
>>    - if (do_action(&act, _m) < 0)
>>    + if (do_action(&h, &act, _m) < 0)
>> So with very little work (add 3 lines to the makefile and run perl one
>> liner) one can convert a kamailio db module to libsr_dbk
>>  (kamailio db interface in a library form).
>> Luckily there don't seem to be any symbol name conflicts between the 
>> ser db api and the kamailio db api so they could coexist in theory
>>  (e.g. load both ser mysql and k db_mysql and then you could mix ser db
>>  using modules with k db using module).
>> Shall I commit the lib, or do we try the hard part and write a 
>>  wrapper for kamailio db api using ser db api?
>   Heh :-), I actually tried the same thing today on my train ride back. I
>   converted both the SER db api and the k. db api into libraries and loaded
>   them at the same time.

great work! So now we narrow down a lot what has to me migrated for 
modules to work. MI and statistics will become libraries as well and 
then many other modules shall work (some statistics done in core and 1-2 
mi commands will miss in the first phase).

Then in comes the second big step, config language update -- after that 
point we are 70% ready.

>   I then started working on migrating our ser mysql module with k. db_mysql
>   module, but that already takes some changes because there are conflicts
>   in headers, but these changes are minor.
>   Please commit what you have, I like this approach myself and I was thinking
>   about doing the same, this way we can make modules from both projects work
>   quickly. I then start working on unifying the db drivers.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla

More information about the sr-dev mailing list