[SR-Dev] [Kamailio-Devel] New multi-protocol IM & Presence gateway module

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Fri Dec 5 14:06:41 CET 2008

On Dec 04, 2008 at 18:44, Henning Westerholt <henning.westerholt at 1und1.de> wrote:
> On Thursday 04 December 2008, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> > As side note, kamailio being gpl2, is this module under gpl3 violating
> > something?
>
> Hi Daniel,
>
> i think kamailio is GPL2 _or later_, this is compatible to GPL3.
>
> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#v2v3Compatibility

Yes, it is, but there's a catch: if you use this module (load it), you
have to comply with GPLv3 for all the other loaded modules and core.
So it's quite easy to violate GPLv3 unknowingly.
Perhaps we should have a config option for the allowed licenses for the
modules (module loading would be allowed only if the module license
is permitted by this  config option).

Andrei