[Kamailio-Devel] Problem with priorities in presence_dialoginfo

David kamailio.org at spam.lublink.net
Fri May 22 22:03:57 CEST 2009

Hello,

I have installed and setup the presence_dialoginfo module and have the
following concern:

in trunk/modules/presence_dialoginfo :

Line 219 : priority = get_dialog_state_priority(state);

Line 281 :

int get_dialog_state_priority(char *state) {
     if (strcasecmp(state,"terminated") == 0)
          return 0;
     if (strcasecmp(state,"trying") == 0)
          return 1;
     if (strcasecmp(state,"proceeding") == 0)
          return 2;
     if (strcasecmp(state,"confirmed") == 0)
          return 3;
     if (strcasecmp(state,"early") == 0)
          return 4;

     return 0;
}

It seems to me that the priority of the messages has nothing to do with
what kind of message it is and everything to do with the time the status
was reported. I think that when the option "force_single_dialog" is set,
it should always send the newest status, not the preferred status.

By taking the preferred status, my phones ( both Linksys and Grandstream
) remain in ringing mode.

David