[Kamailio-Devel] Flags are not visible when processing CANCEL

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Fri May 22 15:28:40 CEST 2009

Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> 2009/5/22 Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com>:
>
>> Simply looking up in a table whether a transaction with that GUID and tags
>> is currently being tracked is not logically equivalent to fully
>> importing/superimposing all INVITE transaction state into the processing
>> context for CANCEL
>
> Note that Kamailio does more than it when processing a CANCEL. When
> doing "t_relay()" for a CANCEL the destination is retrieved from the
> matching INVITE transaction, this is, you don't route the CANCEL,
> instead "tm" module routes it to the same location the INVITE was
> routed.

Hmm, that's true.  End-to-end CANCELs aren't sent by the originating UA
to the destination URI of the far end, are they?  Otherwise they would
be routed like any other sequential in-dialog request, and they're not.

I'm curious, why are they designed that way?  Why not route end-to-end
CANCELs the same way one routes end-to-end BYEs?

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems