[Kamailio-Devel] [Kamailio-Users] "Detached" timer messages.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu May 21 10:06:23 CEST 2009

Hello Alex,

On 05/21/2009 03:51 AM, Alex Balashov wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I was wondering if someone fluent in the anatomy of the TM module can
> tell me what this condition actually implies in a commonsensical sort of
>   way, from a user perspective -- it is on line 861 in modules/tm/timer.c:
>
>         /* check first if we are on the "detached" timer_routine list,
>           * if so do nothing, the timer is not valid anymore
>           * (sideffect: reset_timer ; set_timer is not safe, a reseted timer
>           *  might be lost, depending on this race condition ) */
>          if (new_tl->timer_list==DETACHED_LIST){
>                  LM_CRIT("set_timer for %d list called on a \"detached\" "
>                          "timer -- ignoring: %p\n", list_id, new_tl);
>                  goto end;
>          }
>
> Reason I am wondering is that I got a few of these error messages in my
> logs:
>
> May 20 18:23:50 ser1 /usr/local/sbin/kamailio[25232]:
> CRITICAL:tm:set_timer: set_timer for 1 list called on a "detached" timer
> -- ignoring: 0x2a96cc0d50
>
> And was not sure what to make of them.

you can ignore it. I think in the past were discussions to lower the
critical level to something line warning. This happens because of a race
between replies. The transaction is removed from timer by one reply or
timeout and another one comes in trying to process and add it back to timer.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com/