[Kamailio-Devel] [ openser-Bugs-2763880 ] ERROR:core:receive_msg: no via found in reply - error_route

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue May 19 09:24:01 CEST 2009

Bugs item #2763880, was opened at 2009-04-15 05:11
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by miconda
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=743020&aid=2763880&group_id=139143

not just the latest update.
Category: core
Group: ver 1.5.x

Initial Comment:
I am getting the following error message in my logs and having a lot of trouble tracking down the source.  One of the major problems is that this error condition does not cause error_route to be invoked.  I get a syslog message, but it doesn't appear that I have any opportunity at the configuration level to catch this condition and respond to it accordingly.

ERROR:core:receive_msg: no via found in reply

I was instructed to open a bug for this issue by Ovidiu Sas on the Kamailio mailing lists.  Please let me know if there is any other information I can provide.

Thanks,
Geoff

Date: 2009-05-19 10:24

Message:
This is an error message due to malformed SIP reply. The error route is not
invoked in this case, the config file should not be executed. Can you paste
such a reply here so we can take a look at it?

The solution is to investigate who is sending and try to fix it there. To
stop the annoying syslog message printing, you have to recompile sources
after you change the log level from error to something like
notice/info/debug.

Comment By: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody)