[Kamailio-Devel] [ openser-Bugs-2630129 ] $dlg() returns random data

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue May 19 09:19:18 CEST 2009

Bugs item #2630129, was opened at 2009-02-23 15:31
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by miconda
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=743020&aid=2630129&group_id=139143

not just the latest update.
Category: modules
Group: ver devel

Initial Comment:
In the initial request_route, onreply_route and branch_route, $dlg() pv's return sometimes <null>, sometimes random data.

Comment By: Daniel-Constantin Mierla (miconda)
Date: 2009-03-01 22:50

Message:
Using the dialog from tm callback param would be good to have. However,
time is short till the new release, please open an feature request to have
it in mind for future. Docs should be updated, indeed. $dlg() is documented
in wiki.

Comment By: Alex Hermann (axlh)
Date: 2009-02-27 00:19

Message:
dlg_manage() does the trick in request_route.

The values $dlg returns are less random now that I found out h_id and
h_entry match the reverse(!) hex form used in the rr parameter.

dlg_get() will probably be sufficient for onreply_route, but all
information is already in the transaction. Why does the user need to
manually find the correct dialog? I think it should at least be mentioned
in the documentation that one needs to find the dialog manually before
$dlg() can be used, even for in-dialog responses for tracked dialogs.

Comment By: Daniel-Constantin Mierla (miconda)
Date: 2009-02-26 23:58

Message:
You can use dlg_manage() instead of setting the flag. The dialog is created
upon this function call as opposite of setting the flag and get the dialog
upon transaction callback.

What you target with enabling the $dlg() in reply? I enabled dlg_get for
the other route types, does it meet your needs and obsoletes the patch?

Comment By: Alex Hermann (axlh)
Date: 2009-02-23 16:32

Message:
The initial INVITE. I tried to use it before t_relay() or t_newtran().
After inspecting the source and accessing $dlg() after t_newtran(), it is
ok.

Attached is a patch which tries to enable $dlg() from onreply_route. It
works, only the kamailio process needs to be killed with SIG_KILL now, so I
probably messed it up somewhere. Maybe you can see what goes wrong.
File Added: dialog-in-reply-route

Comment By: Daniel-Constantin Mierla (miconda)
Date: 2009-02-23 16:16

Message:
In the request route, is it after dlg_manage() or rr processing?