[Kamailio-Devel] SF.net SVN: openser:[5764] trunk

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 14:47:42 CET 2009

On 03/26/2009 03:26 PM, Ovidiu Sas wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 8:11 AM, Jan Janak <jan at ryngle.com> wrote:
>
>> On 26-03 10:57, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>>
>>> I think this code belongs better to the statistics module for now in
>>> Kamailio and maybe moved later to a library in sr. The general idea,
>>> even with Kamailio, was to move the specific code out of the core. There
>>> is lot of undergoing work to integrate K with sip-router core, let's
>>> discuss any addition to the core in a while. There are very few left
>>> modules to be integrated, therefore should not take that long.
>>>
>> Actually I didn't mean to imply that you should stop adding stuff to the core
>> if people feel it is appropriate just because there is the integration work
>> with sr going on. I can easily handle such changes and keep the patches up to
>> date, so feel free to do whatever is needed.
>>
>> I just happen to think that socket_info.c is not the right place for these
>> functions and also I wanted to point out that they are not portable.
>>

> I know that that functions are not portable, but as I mentioned
> previously, this was just copy/paste code.  It would be nice to fix
> this i the future.
> Moving that piece of code into the kcore library would be the right
> thing to do for now.  Let me know if you need any assistance with
> that.

kcore is for kamailio extensions done in core. Instead you can build
another library. There is no gain to move all code in one library that
will become big. In this way there are kmi for MI API, srdb1 for DB api
and kstats for statistics api.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
SIP Router Masterclass - Kamailio (OpenSER) Training
http://www.asipto.com/index.php/sip-router-masterclass/