[Kamailio-Devel] SF.net SVN: openser:[5764] trunk

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 13:19:10 CET 2009

On 03/26/2009 02:11 PM, Jan Janak wrote:
> On 26-03 10:57, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>
>> I think this code belongs better to the statistics module for now in
>> Kamailio and maybe moved later to a library in sr. The general idea,
>> even with Kamailio, was to move the specific code out of the core. There
>> is lot of undergoing work to integrate K with sip-router core, let's
>> discuss any addition to the core in a while. There are very few left
>> modules to be integrated, therefore should not take that long.
>>

> Actually I didn't mean to imply that you should stop adding stuff to the core
> if people feel it is appropriate just because there is the integration work
> with sr going on. I can easily handle such changes and keep the patches up to
> date, so feel free to do whatever is needed.
>
> I just happen to think that socket_info.c is not the right place for these
> functions and also I wanted to point out that they are not portable.

I am not against adding to core as well. I proposed to discuss such
additions in short term so we can synchronize. Unfortunately now many of
us work with different repositories and until we get back in one place
would be good to discuss on devel about.

I didn't find appropriate the inclusion of the functions in core because
they are specific just for two modules. Some time ago we started
cleaning up the core by moving module specific functions in modules, to
have a lightweight and more stable core. In sr a right place will be a
library. In K we sorted that by modules (e.g., presence implementation).

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
SIP Router Masterclass - Kamailio (OpenSER) Training
http://www.asipto.com/index.php/sip-router-masterclass/