[Kamailio-Devel] [SR-Dev] avp naming

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Tue Mar 24 03:48:52 CET 2009

Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>  > not using them as well, I'm using M4.
>
> i too have been using M4 for avp names.  the advantage over string names
> is that if i mistype a M4 macro AVP name, parsing of kamailio.cfg fails.
> if i mistype string avp name, it goes unnoticed and can lead to
> difficult to find bug.
>
> so perhaps there should be a possibility to declare avps so that
> undeclared would make parsing to fail.

I think that's a reasonable thing in general.
I'm wondering how we still could deal with dynamnically produced AVPs
(i.e., those produced by loading from user profile). I think as long
as these are not referred from the script, it is okay, otherwise
they have to be declared. Modules exchanging info via AVPs don't
care about declaration.

-jiri