[Kamailio-Devel] [ openser-Feature Requests-2690374 ] Do not forward response to an INVITE if no matching transac

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Thu Mar 19 21:05:34 CET 2009

El Jueves, 19 de Marzo de 2009, Alex Hermann escribió:

> Isn't this a fault of the UAC (assuming that the 200 OK arrived before the
> 487)?

Well, AFAIK it's free to the implementation, not fixed rules for it in RFC
3261.

> 1) It could have determined the 487 was not the same branch as the answered
> branch, so the answered branch should be left open.

The client and the proxy just mantain *one* branch. It doesn't matter the
different To tag, the 487 is sent by the proxy anyway.

> 2) It didn't send a CANCEL itself, so the quoted paragraph isn't applicable
> here. The UAC should have ignored the 487.

Unfortunatelly 487 is also used as final response in various UA's, without the
need of receiving a CANCEL.

> > This issue has already two solutions (posted in the tracker):
>
> I noticed.
>
> The problem with all those workarounds for broken clients is that it makes
> proxies needlessly complicated (and thus slower). Better get the clients
> fixed.

I don't think so. The paramenter I've added to TM (and the workaround doing
the same in config file) does implemente a draft avoiding this kind of
problems. This is, the draft-sparks-sip-invfix-03 requires this behaviour in
a proxy.

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo