[Kamailio-Devel] [SR-Dev] avp naming

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 21:34:03 CET 2009

On 03/12/2009 10:06 PM, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> one way might be to consider "i:30" as a string that starts with letter
> "i".

My only concern is about making the code a hell by trying to keep some
backward compatibility with old configs. In the past we went via radical
changes, like with break replaced by exit or return.

I would prefer a strict config checker that will report errors rather
than some stupid mistakes done because inside c code one adds an avp
with name "34" an in script is still "i:34" and it is expected to be the
same, but because now both are considered strings they are different.

To rephrase, I prefer either to drop completely the integer id or stay
with current. Trying to automatically convert may bring other traps at
runtime.

However, interger id will be compatible only with Kamailio PV model, ser
avp naming scheme does not use them anymore in config language (some ser
devel can correct me here if i got it wrong).

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com