[Kamailio-Devel] new module: memcached

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Wed Mar 11 20:56:25 CET 2009

El Martes, 10 de Marzo de 2009, Henning Westerholt escribió:
> Hi all,
>
> i just added a new module to the repository - 'memcached'. Its allows to
> connect to a memcached server, and supports add, get, delete and atomic
> operations via pseudo-variables.
>
> Further details can be found in the module documentation:
> http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/devel/memcached.html

Hi, I read this in the documentation:

-----------
This module is an addition to the existing htable functionality, not a
replacement. In smaller architectures or installations where only one
instance needs access to the hash table this module is easier to setup, as no
dedicated server needs to be provided. But when a distributed storage
facilility is necessary, or one want to separate the storage from the SIP
server, this module could be used.

Perhaps you could clarify in which case is better using htable or memcached?
I understand that htable (not distributed but in local memory) is more
suitable for a simple installation while memcached allow varios servers
accessing to the same storege.

If I'm right, sould the text be a bit improved? :)

PD: Congratulations for this module, it seems really useful for complex
environments.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo