[Kamailio-Devel] [ openser-Bugs-1948949 ] dialog: BYE2BYE Patch #1642890 not fully implemented in V1.3

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Jan 29 12:06:15 CET 2009

Bugs item #1948949, was opened at 2008-04-22 18:50
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by miconda
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=743020&aid=1948949&group_id=139143

not just the latest update.
Category: modules
Group: ver 1.3.x

Initial Comment:
After installing Openser Version 1.3 I found that the BYE2BYE patch submitted by EKobi was only partially implemented in the DIALOG module.

The dialog module has been changed and a way to send 'BYE' messages to both caller and callee via the MI_FIFO module were added, however no code was added in the procedure to handle timeouts.  Refer to openser/modules/dialog/dlg_handlers.c procedure dlg_ontimeout.

The BYE2BYE patch also added the following parameters that allow the script to process the BYE messages for billing purposes.

modparam("bye2bye","bye2bye_to_next_hop","sip:mydomain.com:5060")
modparam("bye2bye","bye2bye_from_next_hop","sip:mydomain.com:5060")

Regards,
Jim

Comment By: Jim Burke (jimbohamez)