[Kamailio-Devel] [tm] t_lookupOriginalT : cannot find matching INVITE for CANCEL because of display name

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Tue Jan 20 14:58:52 CET 2009

2009/1/20 Aurelien Grimaud <gstelzz at yahoo.fr>:
> Hi,
> it seems that I have a problem with finding initial INVITE when request is
> CANCELED.
> sipp uac (192.168.160.141:5064) contact a uas (192.168.160.23:6075) through
> kamailio 1.4.3 (192.168.160.141:5060)
>
> The request is CANCELED by uac.
> But From field is taken from 180 reply and is trhough slightly different
> from initial one.
> The display name is quoted and whitespace is missing.
>
> This makes the t_lookupOriginalT fails .... attached log from kamailio
> (check the end)

This is annoying:

The From in the reply has been changed but remains the same (same
From_tag, URI and Display-Name, but the Display name is quoted).

Then the UAC uses that modified From when generating the CANCEL and
you say that Kamailio fails to match the INVITE transaction since the
From URI doesn't match the From in the INVITE transaction.
I really can't understand it, Kamailio shouldn't check the From URI of
the CANCEL, just the branch parameter.

Please, do the following test:

In your SIPp scenario change the From header to:
  From: "sipp"<sip:1-16122-192.168.160.141 at 192.168.160.141:5064>;tag=XXXXXXXXX

In this way, the UAS will no modify it. Let's check if Kamailio still
fails when matching the transaction. If it works now, then there is an
important issue in Kamailio CANCEL/INVITE matching.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>