[Kamailio-Devel] [Kamailio-Users] new feature: send sip requests from config file

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Fri Jan 16 13:28:33 CET 2009

2009/1/16 Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> uac module provides a new function that allow sending sip requests from
> configuration file:
> - uac_send_req()
> http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/devel/uac.html#id2467912
>
> It opens the door for a new bunch of things you can do now.

How! This is becoming a B2BUA XD

> I can think
> of now:
> 1) send IM alerts on special events
>
> route {
>  $uac_req(method)="MESSAGE";
>  $uac_req(ruri)="sip:alert at kamailio.org";
>  $uac_req(furi)="sip:server at kamailio.org";
>  $uac_req(hdrs)="Content-Type: text/plain\r\n";
>  $uac_req(body)="SIP request from:" + $si + ":" + $sp;
>  uac_send_req();
> }

Just a question: after sending the above MESSAGE, will the process
wait for a reply to that MESSAGE? if so, could I access to the MESSAGE
reply code and reason?

>  if(method=="ACCOUNTING" && $rU="store")

method "ACCOUNTING" !!??  Hum, I should warn IETF people about it XD

Great work.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>