[Kamailio-Devel] Referencing external libraries in documentation

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Wed Jan 14 23:06:48 CET 2009

El Miércoles, 14 de Enero de 2009, Johansson Olle E escribió:
> When referencing external libraries in documentation, I suggest we not
> only refer to the Linux distro packaging name - because that's not a
> fixed address. And some weird people, like myself, prefer other Unix
> systems. Please add a full URL to the home page of the library too.
> Don't remove the linux package name, but please also add which distro
> that uses that name.
>
> (Inaki: Check your module docs :-) )

Well, the fact is that the Debian package name is "libpcre3-dev", I
wrote "libpcre-dev" assuming this is the "common" name used in any *nix
plataform (is a "library" about "PCRE" and includes the "dev"elopment headers
XD).

In fact I added a link to PCRE homepage in the module "Overview" section, also
a link to the man page. But I agree that a link in the "Dependencies" would
be useful (I will add it).

BTW there should be a "guideline" when referencing external libraries, any
suggestion?

Thanks a lot.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo