[Kamailio-Devel] Creating module documentation

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Mon Jan 12 11:17:28 CET 2009

On Friday 09 January 2009, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> Hi, one thing I miss in "KAMAILIO (OPENSER) Devel Guide" is a section about
> documenting a module.
>
> I assume I can take any module documentation (the doc/*.xml files) and fill
> them with my data. Is it enough?
>
> How could I "compile" the XML into a HTML page to get a local preview?

Hi Iñaki,

yes, you can use any existing module docs as template. The root XML file
should have the same name as the module directory. Then use "make
modules-readme modules=modules/$MOD_NAME" to generate the README. You can
also use the modules-docbook-html, modules-docbook-pdf and
modules-docbook-txt targets to generate the respective content.