[Kamailio-Devel] compare uri and aor

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 11:24:39 CET 2009

Hello,

I have introduced in siputils module functions to compare SIP URI and
AoR in a more RFC manner, related to:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2047019&group_id=139143&atid=743023

Now, for URI it does comparison of:
- username
- password
- hostname
- port

For AoR, it does:
- username
- hostname
- port (if port is missing, it assumes 5060 -- for URI comparison this
is not used, conform to RFC3261)

The questions are:
- shall the comparison for URI be extended to follow full RFC? could get
complex when taking URI headers in account -- haven't seen many, but the
RFC allow them. Where to stop then the rules for comparing the URI?
- for AoR, I am not sure if port should be considered, but when running
multiple instances on different ports, it may make the difference? What
do you think?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com