[Kamailio-Devel] [Kamailio-Users] Help!! Getting get_hdr_field: out of memory

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 11:15:00 CET 2009

Hello Henning,

On 01/07/09 12:09, Henning Westerholt wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 January 2009, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>
>> A cause can be insufficient private memory, as it seems you have a quite
>> big config file, with lot of variables. In this case, the private memory
>> used by config is relevant, considering that private memory per process
>> is 1MB, for runtime is not that much left. Try to recompile openser with
>> 2MB of private memory and see if the situation occurs again.
>>

> Hi Daniel,
>
> what about increasing the default PKG_MEM pool size in the trunk? This would
> help to mitigate some of the fragmentation problems (e.g. from ul_dump) we've
> seen recently. Another thing is that the size of the script and the number of
> modules that is used now has grown considerably, so people will run earlier
> into load issues.
>
> I'd suggest to increase to at least 2 MB, in SER/ sip-router they use
> currently 4 MB.

I think it is a good idea. We can make it 4MB as well, in the case of
having 16 processes will use 64MB which is something really affordable
these days.

Fragmentation is different with ul_dump. I am in favor of having system
mem manager for MI interface. Should be easy to update.

--
Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com