[Kamailio-Devel] DNS SRV response handling

klaus.feichtinger at gmx.net klaus.feichtinger at gmx.net
Thu Feb 26 13:49:31 CET 2009

Hi,

is the behaviour of "kamailio-1.5-dev-pre2" in case that it relays a call to a DNS-SRV based destination as expected, or is it a bug?

I have to relay the requests to a special destination that consists of 3 hosts. Kamailio does not know, which host of them is available. But it does a DNS-SRV request. The SRV list contains 3 hosts with different priorities / weights. The first host has the highest priority, the second is in the middle a.s.o. In worst case - if the prime and secondary host are unavailable - I expected that kamailio would relay the request to the third host in the list. But it doesn't. It makes retransmission of the original invites to the second host.......

The module parameter for TM is set to 3 seconds (modparam("tm", "fr_timer", 3)).

Can anybody give me a hint?

regards,

Klaus F.
--
Computer Bild Tarifsieger! GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 17,95 ¿/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a