[Kamailio-Devel] packaging updates for 1.5

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Wed Feb 25 14:00:08 CET 2009

Hi all,

this mail summaries changes related the packaging of kamailio since the last
major release to ease the adaption to existing script for you.

1) Changes in library depencies:

lcr and dialplan modules - they depends now on libpcre (run time) and
libpcre-dev (compilation).

new regex module - depends on libpcre (run time) and libpcre-dev
(compilation).

new purple module - depends on libpurple (run time) and libpurple-dev
(compilation). It was tested against libpurple from pidgin 2.5.2, but the
version provided in kubuntu (2.4.1) at least compiles fine.

new utils module - depends on libcurl-gnutls (run time) and libcurl-gnutls-dev
(compilation).

new presence_dialoginfo and pua_dialoginfo modules - same dependencies as the
already existing presence modules, and should be also packaged with them.

new misc_radius module, replaced avp_radius, group_radius and uri_radius -
same depencencies as existing radius module, and should be also packaged with
them.

I've updated the debian packaging scripts, they generate now three new
packages:

- kamailio-utils-module
- kamailio-regex-modules (lcr, dialplan, regex)
- kamailio-purple-module

2) Man page generation:

Its now possible to generate man pages from the module documentation. This
needs to be done in the packaging with "make modules-docbook-man" for all
modules (possible with the include_modules variable). The man pages are
placed in the main and modules packages.

3) Other changes that are also worth to be checked

- is the list of the presence modules up to date, does it contains all that
  we've also in debian? (rls module was not included in the past..)
- is the list of the radius modules up to date, does it contains the peering
  module (from 1.4.0)
- do you package all the modules we also have in debian?
- do you need any special patches for some incompatibilities in the code?
  We're of course interested in fixing this problems in our code base.
- do you've some hard coded module names in your scripts for the "default
  modules" set? If yes, this probably needs to be fixed, as some smaller
  modules (like options, uri, gflags) were merged into siputils, cfgutils
- the module set for the "default modules" contains now some more modules,
  check if you build all of them

So if you maintain packaging scripts in a distribution repository or in our
trunk, please check and update them if necessary.

Thank you,