[Kamailio-Devel] New module : PURPLE - IM/Presence multi-protocol gateway

Eric PTAK eric.ptak.fr at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 14:38:02 CET 2009

2009/2/16 BenjF <benccf at gmail.com>

> Hi Eric, i've finally succeeded in compiling your module. However i've got
> a question on how to use it.

 Hi Benjamin,

> I've got one sip-user mapped with his msn address in database (purplemap
> table just got this entry). I'd like to know if this user can send IM to all
> his msn-contacts even if they're not in purplemap table ?

Unfortunately, no. If Alice (SIP) wanna talk with Bob (MSN), she'll use
a SIP URI in order to contact Bob.
So you need two entry :
* one to allow the gateway to connect alice
* another to tell the gateway what is the msn address of bob.

for the bob entry, you don't need to know/set a password, as the gateway
don't have to connect bob.

> Regards,
> Benjamin

Cheers,