[Kamailio-Devel] Utilizing UAC Question

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 20:27:53 CET 2009

Hello,

On 02/14/2009 09:15 PM, Jason George wrote:
> I'm trying to set up a SIP IM server that will parse incoming messages
> and respond to specific key words.  I have parsing up and running in
> my module, but I can't seem to figure out how to properly send my
> response.  Within the TM module, the functions provided by uac.h seem
> to be exactly what I'm looking for (specifically the "request"
> method).  They don't seem to be exported by the TM module, however, so
> I was thinking I might be able to include the code and use them directly.
>
> Since I don't fully understand the make process used in Kamailio I
> seem to be having issues with linking.  I've included uac.h in my
> module (#include ../tm/uac.h) and the code compiles fine with "make
> modules".  When I install the module and restart the server I get
>
> ERROR:core:sr_load_module: could not open module
> </usr/local/lib/openser/modules/<my_module>.so>:
> /usr/local/lib/openser/modules/<my_module>.so: undefined symbol: request
you need to use the TM function via exported API. See
modules/uac/uac_send.c how is done. Another example is the imc module.

> Any pointers here (with the make process or with a better approach to
> sending outbound messages) would be greatly appreciated.
Not sure if you need some specific processing so you have to code C, but
you can send SIM messages from config file via uac module:
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/1.5.x/uac.html#id2467913

Also, you can set the body of the reply with:
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/1.5.x/textops.html#id2468079

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com