[Kamailio-Devel] [Kamailio-Users] SIREMIS feedback

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Sat Feb 14 15:41:24 CET 2009

On Fri, February 13, 2009 10:21 pm, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>>> This brings another idea, displaying parts of different files that are
>>> listed in configuration file of siremis. For example a tail over syslog
>>> file. The drawback for these extensions is the limitation of having
>>> siremis installed on same server or another communication way which
>>> means providing login access ...
>>>
>> seconding Alex reply, this is also something i'd not recommend. I don't
>> think
>> that allowing the webserver account to access my logfiles is a good
>> idea.
> it would be a matter of configuration. It is about deciding if someone
> finds it useful.
>>  If i choose to also write accounting logs, it could even read them.
>> This is sensitive data, where a security breach would be not nice. And
>> also i don't think that forcing the user to install a webserver with
PHP >> on their production system is a good move.

> Again, it is not a forcing. It can be turned on/off.

Hi Daniel,

i belong probably not really in the target user group of this application,
please bear with me.. ;-) I thought a bit longer about this, given the
fact that this interface already communicate with some FIFO commands with
the kamailio system, the additional security risk is probably not that a
big problem. And if its configurable i've no issue with it.

One thing that would certainly make sense would be to highlight certain
log file content, filter or count certain errors classes. Like this:

-> server foo has 123 logs with status ERROR or higher in the last hour
-> click here to see all that are labeled CRITICAL..

-> server bar has 53 log entries, click here for a module summary..
(would display a list with errors belonging to the core and modules)

As our log format at least in this areas is stable, this would be work ok.
Trying to match individual log statements would be probably not really
work, as this changes more often over time, and we also don't really have
clear defined rules for log statements.