[Kamailio-Devel] FOSDEM2009 - first remarks/photos

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Tue Feb 10 15:44:05 CET 2009

2009/2/10 Johansson Olle E <oej at edvina.net>:
>> I have been to XMPP interop, although they focused on Voice/Jingle, I
>> tried the new purple module -- still some  things to sort out and I will
>> post a resume about this particular case and entire event.
>
> I spent monday on the XMPP dev meeting a got a few ideas for improvements.

Nooo, forget XMPP!!
SIP SIMPLE already has enough cool specifications, the problem is that
nobody implements them!
Looking for interoperability with XMPP will not help, and I don't want
a future in which my softphone implements SIP for voice and XMPP for
presence/IM, that's a dirty workaround!

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>